Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dear Brothers,

I promised myself that when I began to feel better the first thing I'd write would be a post to all of you on API's new page...

So I went online and looked up and down all of my links for the API link and couldn't find it. I KNEW that I had added the link a month ago, right after I had dental surgery. What happened to it? Vicodin happened. I guess I only THOUGHT that I had put the link in. I lost a lot of stuff around the house too, while on pain meds. Anyway, I've added the link under the API photos at the "Chronicles".

Like a cat, I've been off licking my wounds and healing for a while. Similar to so many events in life, my dental surgery snowballed into another physical problem. So that one had to be dealt with as well.

The Vicodin led me to another issue - sleep - or rather the lack of sleep. I haven't slept well at all during my adult life due to what happened to me as a child. The EMDR has helped considerable with the nightmares, but I still was not getting any rest. When I was taking the Vicodin, I noticed that I was actually sleeping but was still so tired that it was really scaring me.

I called the doctor to see if I could take something to help me sleep and went in for an appointment. The doctor told me that I was tired from the surgery but it was a lot worse because I had a serious sleep deficit. She prescribed a low dose of Trazodone and told me that I had to stop and rest whenever my body told me to. As someone who easily disassociates, I now had to pay attention. I rested frequently and for long periods. She said it would take time - boy it sure did!

I am finally almost to a good level of energy as I am getting some real sleep. I have altered my diet while trying to manage with the temporary dentures but also am eating with health in mind.

I have not been online much except to download some information for a pamphlet I am working on - so haven't been entirely lazy. The pamphlet will be used to educate soccer moms and other folks who seem to have no idea about the types of weapons (or the effects of those weapons) used by the US against civilian populations during military operations. I am focusing on incendiary weapons, cluster munitions, and depleted uranium and will also add Agent Orange into the mix to illustrate the type of weapon that keeps on "giving". I hope to do an informative pamphlet with links that can be explored for further info. I used to do some public speaking and may see if I can speak to groups of women. The printed material could be passed out during VFP events where we do a table or at a speaking event.

This will all take time, but I am pretty determined. If anyone has some info to contribute (I am trying to educate myself in the above mentioned areas) please let me know.

I thank you for all of your support. I missed blogging and all of you.
.......................Kitchen Window Woman....................................

4 comments:

deuddersun said...

Welcome back Sister. Take your time. Heal completely. Then, give 'em hell!

d.

Buffalo said...

Good to see you back. You have been missed.

Gordon said...

You take care of yourself first and foremost, KWW. That is an order, lady, from what might be described as a Senior Corporal of Marines (42 years in grade).

Chuck said...

Great to hear you're feeling at least a little better, Sis...heal up, keep the faith...