Monday, August 31, 2026

Chains Of Command

 I am a citizen of the USA.  I was born in the USA as were my parents, grandparents and most, if not all, of my great-grandparents (I could look but I don’t want to).  I am a veteran of the USN but I did not stay long enough to earn a military retirement.  I am retired but I am not retired from anything that might be considered a government job.


As a private citizen of the USA, I am a subject of The Constitution.  I am not a subject of ANY elected official, especially POTUS. Let me make this more clear for all of you who might be reading this.  I AM NOT REQUIRED TO FOLLOW “ORDERS” HANDED DOWN FROM POTUS.


Executive orders are NOT law and I will not pretend that they are. I do not currently have what might be seen as a “Chain Of Command”.  I am NOT being paid by the military.  I am NOT employed by corporate America.  I will not be referring to the Gulf of Mexico as anything other than the Gulf of Mexico.  I will not be referring to Lake Ontario as anything other than Lake Ontario.  I could not possibly care less what the preferences of Felon47 are.  I am quite comfortable with Felon47 dealing with the consequences of his own idiocy even if that ends up with him embarrassed to the point of physical distress.


I am not going to harp on the irony of alleged “fiscal conservatives” acting as though there was no potential negative fiscal element to making the changes he has demanded.  As though maps and websites and manuals and textbooks all would update themselves with no input from us.  I am not going to harp on the irony of those who go on and on about “freedom” being willing to submit to the whims of an overweight, largely uneducated, failure of a businessman. I refuse to participate in that level of hypocrisy.  I refuse to even act as though I might have any respect for any of his ill-considered opinions.


I am not required by law or tradition to take orders from any ersatz king.  And frankly, I am more than a little embarrassed for those toadies who do consider his mental/verbal diarrhea to be orders worthy of acquiescence.  His commands hold no chains for me.


No comments: